Mental Aptitude Test MAT Coast Guard
Mental Ability test MAT Sample Quiz for Coast guard
Practice test Coast Guard MAT
Directions (Qs. 1-5): Each of the following questions has two statements labeled as I and II
Mark the answer as:-
A. if statement I by itself is sufficient to answer the question.
B. if statement II by itself is sufficient to answer the question.
C. if both the statements I and II taken together are sufficient to answer the question but neither statement by itself is sufficient.
D. if statements I and II taken together are not sufficient to answer the question and
more data is required to solve the problem.
1. If x, y and z are even integers and 2 < x <.y < z, what is the value of y?
2. A rectangular-aquarium provides 36 square centimeters of water surface area per fish. How many fish are there in the aquarium?
l. The edges of the aquarium have lengths of 60, 42, & 30‘centimeters.
Il. The aquarium is filled to a depth of 40 centimeters.
3. At ABC Corporation, for a resolution to become policy, .a quorum of at least half of the 20 directors must pass the resolution by at least a two.-third majority. Did resolution X pass or fail at a meeting of the Board of Directors?
I. Ten directors voted for the resolution.
Il. Seven directors voted against the resolution.
4. What is the ratio of boys to girls admitted into a medical college?
I. The number of girls admitted is 3 less than half the number of boys admitted.
III. The number of girls admitted is 2/5 of the number of boys admitted
5. Are the integer’s p, q and r consecutive?
I. The average of p, q and r is q.
II. q – p= r – q
Directions (Qs. 6-10): Each of these problems has a question followed by two statements labeled as I and II. Use the data given in I and II together with other information to decide whether the statements are sufficient to answer the question.
Mark the answer as.?
A. if you can get the answer from statement I alone but not from Ii alone.
B. if you can get the answer from II alone but not from I alone.
C. if you can get the answer from both I and II together but not from I alone or II alone.
D. if you cannot get the answer from the statements I and II together and need more data.
6. How many families in Jammu City own exactly two cars?
I. 150 families in Jammu City own at least one car.
II. 45 families in Jammu City own at least three cars.
7. Ashok and Pawan are standing together on a sunny day. Ashok’s shadow is 10 feet long. Pawan’s shadow is 9 feet long’. How tall is Pawan?
I. Ashok is 6 feet tall.
II. Ashok is standing 2 feet- away from Pawan.
8. How far is it from town P to Q? Town R is 30 kms from town P.
I. It is 20 kms from Q to R.
II. There is a railway line between town P and Q.
9. What percentage of families in a city has monthly income of Rs. 25,000 and owns a
I. 28% of all families in a city have a monthly income of over Rs. 25,000 p.rn.
II. 40% of all the families in the city with the monthly income of Rs. 25,000 own a house.
10. How much does Mona weigh?
I. Mona and Vicky together weigh 120 kg.
II. Vicky weighs twice as much as Mona.
11. Two runners, A and B, running around a circular track, complete one round each in 7 and 14 minutes, respectively. They take a simultaneous start from the starting point.
During the first 30 minutes, how many times has A crossed B on the track?
12. A river flows west to east and on the way turns left and goes in a• semicircle round a hillock, and then turns left at right angles. In what direction is the river finally flowing?
13. A clock seen through a mirror shows quarter past three. What-is the correct- time shown by the clock?
14. Tony was not at school on Saturday last. He was first absent for four days before that Today is Monday, the 31st of October. When was Tony first absent? Give the day and date.
A Monday, Oct. 24
B. Tuesday, Oct. 25
C. Wednesday, Oct. 26
D. Thursday, Oct. 27
15. What is the angle the hour hand of a clock makes with the minute hand when the time is 15.40?
16. In a college, fifteen students of a class are members of the “Spicmacay” association and twelve are members of the “Dhyan” association. If out of these students a total of thirteen belong to only one of the two associations, how many students belong to both the associations?
17. Geeta is taller than Seeta, but not taller than Radha. Radha and Rani are of same height. Geeta is shorter than Paru. Amongst all girls who is the shortest?
C. Radha and Rani
Directions (Qs. 48-50): A missing term in the series in each of these questions is marked by a question mark (?). Choose the term to complete the series.
18. 1/2, 3/4, 5/8, 7/16, ?
19. ABD, DGK, HMS, MTB, SBL, ?
20. P3C, R5F, T8I, V l2L, ?
A. Y 17 O
B. X 17 M
C. X 17 O
D. X 16 O
Directions (Qs. 21-25): Study the` following information carefully to answer these questions. There are six persons A, B, C, D, E and F. C is the sister of F. B is the brother of E’s husband. D is the father of A and grandfather of F. There are two fathers, three brothers and a mother in the group.
21. Who is the mother?
22. Who is E’s husband?
23. How many male members are there in the group?
24. How is F related to E?
25. Which of the following is a group of brothers?
Directions (Qs. 26-30): Read the following information carefully and answer the question given below it. In a car exhibition, seven cars of seven different companies viz. Cadillac, Ambassador, Fiat, Maruti, Mercedes, Bedford and Fargo were displayed in a row, facing east such that:
(i) Cadillac car was to the immediate right of Fargo.
(ii) Fargo was fourth to the right of Fiat.
(iii) Maruti car was between Ambassador and Bedford.
(iv) Fiat, which was third to the left of Ambassador car, was at one of the ends.
26. Which of the following was the correct position of the Mercedes?3
A. Immediate right of Cadillac
B. Immediate left of Bedford
C. Between Bedford and Fargo
D. Fourth to the right of Maruti
27. Which of the following is definitely true?
A. Fargo car is between Ambassador and Fiat.
B. Cadillac car is to the immediate left of Mercedes. .
C. Fargo is to the immediate right of Cadilac.
D. Maruti is fourth to the right of Mercedes.
28. Which cars are on the immediate either sides of the Cadillac car?
A. Ambassador and Maruti
B. Maruti and Fiat
C. Fiat and Mercedes
D. Ambassador and Fargo
29. Which of the following is definitely true?
A. Maruti is to the immediate left of Ambassador.
B. Bedford is to the immediate left of Fiat.
C. Bedford is at one ofthe ends.
D. Fargo and Mercedes
30. Which of the following groups of cars is to the right of the Ambassador car?
A. Cadillac, Fargo and Maruti
B. Maruti, Bedford and Fiat
C. Mercedes, Cadillac and Fargo
D, Bedford, Cadillac and Fargo